Monsoons are pretty amazing to watch, but just as 'scary' as mid-west tornado season due to the flash floods, hail and amazing lightening shows that can set off wildfires in the desert. Tonight looks like it's going to be a doozy...the winds are blowing and the clouds over the mountains are dark and ominous. But, rest assured, the desert-dwellers are anxiously awaiting this rainfall. Folks are sitting out on their porches and enjoying the smell of creosote in the air.
Here's a great article I found with more details about the monsoons:
Figuratively, a lot of things have been 'pouring' in our lives lately and to top it off today I found out my Saturn may have serious engine problems. Being jobless does not afford me the opportunity to purchase a new (or even a used) car, nor can I afford another large repair (I've recently put nearly $1200 into the Saturn for on-going problems).
So, we'll see what both the monsoons and the engine diagnostic bring...relief or devastation. Even if they bring devastation, wildfires clear the land and allow for new growth. Who knows, maybe my life needs a 'wildfire' to allow for new growth...painful, but sometimes necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment