It's been a tough few months. The divorce (now I realize an inevitable event, but one, nonetheless, that I didn't plan for), working full time, packing for a cross country move (by myself), Janan diagnosed with 'Type A influenza' (a.k.a. the 'swine' flu) two days before we were supposed to leave....never a dull moment.
My grandmother (we called her Mimi) had a framed saying over her toilet (she said no one would miss it there!) that read, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." It now hangs above my parent's toilet. A simple saying that says so much.
If I look back I feel sadness and failure so instead I'm choosing to look forward. The past may have made me who I am today, but it won't dictate who I am tomorrow.
As soon as Janan is fever-free for 24 hours, we're heading for Tucson. We plan to make it a cross-country adventure and would love for you to 'come along'!
Our first stop will be Indianapolis, IN to visit Jason, my "baby" brother (he's 38), Jill, my best friend since the 3rd grade and her 3 kids (my godchildren and Janan's honorary 'cousins') and my dear friend, Tahnea and her daughter, Jamela. Janan and Jamela have an amazing bond that formed the instant they met.
We'll take the time to hug, cry, laugh and share before we head for stop #2.
Stay tuned...I'll let you know when we're leaving!
No comments:
Post a Comment