For those of you who don't have kids, be warned...once your parent has a grandchild, you will forever come in second (if you're lucky). No matter how much your parent loved you prior to the birth of your child, they will often forget your name or birthday, but remember the first time their grandchild farted. No really, I swear....
So Nana arrived, came down the escalator and scooped up Janan with hugs and kisses. Janan, of course, basks in this 100% adoration. I did get a brief acknowledgement and then Janan & Nana got into the backseat and chatted the entire way home (well, for those of you who know Janan,
she did most of the talking, but Nana laughed at all the right places and kept reminding her how perfect she was. To which Janan replied, "I know." Humble she ain't.)After coming home, Nana rested for awhile and then she and Janan spent

the rest of the afternoon in the pool. We got an up close visit from a Road Runner and enjoyed listening to him click his beak. We're not sure what he was saying, but it was great that he stayed around so long and shared his show with us. This evening we all went out for dinner at the Olive Garden.
I truly am blessed with wonderful, loving parents. How do I ever thank them for taking Janan & I in and giving us some place to call home while I get back on my feet? My prayer is that, if ever needed, I can return the favor. I wish you all the kind of selfless love.
No comments:
Post a Comment