Saturday, June 27, 2009

And So It Starts...

The trip is over and now it's time to get serious about finding work, a school for Janan, a new home, and so much more.

If I try to eat this 'elephant' all at once, it seems WAY overwhelming, so right now I'm just focusing on the job part. Really, that will dictate much of the rest...guess that makes it a good place to start, huh?

I've posted to all the 'major' job sites and now a few local Arizona ones, as well. Additionally, I've made note of all the staffing agencies in the Tucson area and will start making phone calls Monday morning.

Don't you think resumes are a two-dimensional, black & white representation of a three-dimensional, multi-facted, colorful person? I mean, really, a lot of the 'amazing', professional resumes are written by someone who has never even met the person the resume represents and the rest of us are left with a bunch of words on paper that don't really show who we are and what we can do.

I know given a chance to work, I'm good at what I do. I just need a chance. So, I'm rolling up my sleeves, manifesting, posting to every site that will upload my resume and hitting the pavement...simultaneously.

Gulp...

No comments:

Post a Comment