Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Aunt Jill, Uncle Jason and a Time Warp

The morning started with Mama making 9 eggs, 4 pieces of raisin toast and 3 strawberry/banana smoothies and watching 3 girls inhale it all with cherries to boot! I warned Carol that we may be getting ready for three simultaneous growth spurts. The girls really had a wonderful time together (as usual) and it was hard to say good-bye.

After taking Kimberly & Kaeley home and saying our farewells, Janan & I hit the road about 1:00. We only made it to I-69 on the way to Lansing when Janan fell sound asleep!

The trip was wonderfully uneventful, we made really great time, and we got to Indianapolis by 5:30, had Pizza King pizza with Aunt Jill, J.R., Uncle Jason, Sarah & Jared.

Aunt Jill & Mama also enjoyed the margaritas Beth
Vens gave me as a going away present. I HIGHLY recommend The Ultimate Margarita 1800. That's some good sh**! (Uh, yeah...that bottle is empty!) and then we drove over (BEFORE the emptying of the margarita bottle BTW) to Lawrence Central to see Brittany practice with the color guard. They were state champions, 3rd place at Grand National champions and Fiesta Bowl champions last year. They're AMAZING!

Jill & I were having some 'time warp' moments in Britt's High School watching all the kids. We remember feeling and thinking we were SO old when we were in high school, but these kids looked SO young! Then, as we watched Sarah and Janan walking away from us we realize that's EXACTLY what we looked like at that age! Time really does fly, doesn't it?

Tomorrow we plan to have lunch with Uncle Jason and then spend the evening with Tahnea & Jamela before heading to Tennessee!

Thanks for following along with us!


2 comments:

  1. Valerie, I'm enjoying your blog. Don't stop once you get to Arizona! Safe travels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Lisa! I'll do my best to keep on a bloggin'! :o)

    ReplyDelete