Thursday, July 2, 2009

JUST FRIGGIN' HIRE ME!!!!

I really hate looking for work. Somehow I always feel 'judged'...am I good enough, 'presentable' enough, smart enough, disclosing enough, but not too much...blah, blah, blah. Then, top that with the question everyone asks....

"So, what brought you to Tucson?"

Uh, the complete, utter failure of my very short marriage....(no, that sounds really bad).

"Well, I recently got a divorced and..." (nope.)

The job market in Michigan is tough, so I was hoping Tucson turns out to be a bit better. (well, now, that makes it sound like I was looking for work in MI, but I HAD a job...a pretty darn good one, thankyouverymuch).

*Sigh* So, I feel like no matter what I say I look sad and/or desperate. Who wants to hire sad and desperate?

I wanted to stand up on my interview chair and scream, "I AM NOT SAD OR DESPERATE!!!! I'LL WORK MY A** OFF IF YOU HIRE ME!!! JUST FRIGGIN' HIRE ME AND FIND OUT!!!!"

Yeah, I know, standing on a chair and screaming is the ultimate in 'sad & desperate', so I stuck with the 'minimalistic truth' (Did I just made a new word?) and focused on looking professional and 'together'. Let's hope I pulled it off....

The good news is I'm discovering there are many new call centers in Tucson. All three temp agencies I went to work with one or more of these call centers.

Cross your fingers....

No comments:

Post a Comment