| Samantha Jayne & Ian |
This was tough for both me & Janan having always had animals around. So, after the divorce it was one of the first promises I made - that we would bring animals back into our lives.
![]() |
| Our Oliver |
![]() |
| Our Katybelle |
Since that time, we've often talked of going back to the shelter. I've made donations of food when I could, but recently found out we could volunteer at the shelter directly. Today, we spent over four hours doing just that.
It's SUCH an amazing place! I truly thought we would be put to work cleaning litter boxes or some other manual labor, but when we arrived we were specifically asked to "spend time with the FIV+ kittens, because they need the socialization". That their first thought was to these kittens (and then, later, to the "shy babies" - cats who aren't so much the lap cats) almost brought me to tears.
![]() |
| Janan & Karo - an FIV+ kitten |
We'll definitely be going back.
| Janan & Buddy - one of the "shy babies". He turned out to be a real "talker" while with Janan. (No shock there, right?!) |



No comments:
Post a Comment