![]() |
| Aqua Fairy |
| Decorating! |
When I dropped her off and peeked in on the decorating (Janan is in the Latin Club which was sponsoring the dance, so she had to be there early) I literally had a flashback to my own middle & high school dances. You know, those highly awkward rites of passage where the girls stand on one wall and the boy on the other. Where the girls dance together for all the fast songs and then walk back to their wall when the slow songs came on hoping and praying someone would ask them to dance?
Well, apparently things haven't changed much. But, Janan had an absolute blast and cannot wait for her next dance. She is barreling through life with a joy that makes my heart sing. But, I also know that this is the time of so much change in a girl's life. Her first boyfriend, heartbreak and kiss are all forthcoming.
She's ready...I just hope I am.

No comments:
Post a Comment