Now, the divorce is final, we're living in our own place, I'm working and we're really starting to settle in. It is a bit strange, though. Arizona is always sunny and I need only look outside my window to see a palm tree. In some ways, it's like always being on vacation. (That's definitely not a bad thing!) But, the flip side is that both of us are still in many ways 'recovering'. Janan still hasn't made friends like those she has in MI and, though (thankfully) employed, it's not something I enjoy doing, which causes a lot of stress for the entire family (my extensive travel means Nana & Poppy are doing a LOT of sleepovers or early morning pick ups).
My vision for a year from now is only better. Janan starts her new school in a month where I know she'll connect with kids that will become the lifelong friends she so deserves (who live in the same state she does!), I'll find a better job that not only eliminates the travel, but provides me the balance of work and life I so crave, and both of my parents will be a year clear of cancer and helping me figure out how the heck I'm going to pay for CalTech (since Janan is now becoming more and more adamant that it IS the University she will attend).
Donations can be sent to...

No comments:
Post a Comment