Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Common Thread

Until a year ago, not only did I not blog I also didn't read anyone else's blog.  But, since starting my own blog I've discovered many that I not only enjoy reading, but from which I anxiously await new postings!  It's like reading a never ending book.


The blogs themselves couldn't be more different - a photography blog, which shares the most beautiful photography chronicling the most important and happy times in people's lives; a widower's blog, honestly sharing the real life devastation of a husband and father who lost his wife the day after the birth of their first child and his ongoing commitment to create the best life possible for his daughter and himself; an architect's blog, who has such a passion for what he does you can't help but get caught up in each of his projects and see beauty and potential where just moments before you only saw a rusted piece of steel; a stroke survivor's blog who can inspire even on her darkest days, and a teacher's blog about school lunches, who shares my disdain for what we feed our children but has to share her message secretly so as not to lose her job.  


Despite their differences, what I see is a common thread of humanity - people sharing their art, heart, passion, pain and commitment without the 'reality TV'/hollywood-ized version of life we are often force fed in today's society.  Each of these individuals are living their lives, doing their best and allowing us a glimpse into their nitty-gritty reality with humor, anger, grace and the occasional (or not so occasional) swear word.  


I see people on different paths all seeking the same thing - love, fulfillment and purpose.  It's this commonality that gives me hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment