I've ALWAYS loved children's books, especially picture books. For me, finding a new picture books that has a great story or relates to a certain topic (lying, potty training, friendship, etc.) is like a treasure hunt. I can spend hours and hours perusing the shelves at a used book store.
| Just part of the Power Family Library! |
![]() |
| More of our library! |
Since Janan was two (and started reading), the book hunt has taken on a dimension of challenge because I'm always looking for books at Janan's reading level that are age appropriate and meet her VERY stringent criteria for topic (right now, it's ALL about Greek Mythology, but in the past it's been mermaids, wizards and Nancy Drew Mysteries, to name a few).
I am also always talking to other Mamas whose kids are voracious readers trying to find recommendations for great new books Janan might enjoy. Though I've had some great recommendations throughout the years, what I've often found is I have a much longer list. I LOVE sharing book information with other Mamas, but the older Janan gets the more I have to store in my (quickly fading) memory.
So, rather than maintaining an ever growing card catalogue in my brain, I've decided to start posting book reviews. Of course, they're going to be a bit biased to the topics Janan & I enjoy most. My hope is that other Mamas (or Poppas) will post here and share their LGRs favorite books.
Happy reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment