Friday, October 16, 2009

All Is Well....

Ever have one of those moments when all seems right in the world? There's really nothing MAJOR happening. Simply a flash when you realize you're not feeling pain, conflict, turmoil or stress. I felt that today for, sadly, probably the first time in more than a year (probably longer).

I was driving out a back road to the neighborhood that winds along the base of the Santa Catalina Mountains with all four windows down on my car (something I couldn't do easily prior to my new power windows) and one of my favorite CDs playing on the stereo (Joey & Rory - Life of a Song. There's truly not a bad song on the entire CD).

The sun was shining brightly (as it seems to do every day here in AZ), the temperature was in the low 80s (and it's OCTOBER!), the sky was the amazing blue I've only seen here and a hawk was slowly circling above me.

What I wouldn't give to have stopped time at that moment and live there with my family and friends.

I believe moments like that are signs that you're on the right path. I've spent the last few years (and other times in my life) trying to make things 'fit' or 'right' and, yet, no matter how hard I tried, nothing seemed to work out. Wonder why I don't listen or pay attention to those signs?

Looking back over my life I can EASILY see the places where I was following my path and life was manifesting my every hope and dream. When I accepted my position with Saturn and moved to Tennessee, when I adopted Janan and now, after my divorce.

Each example of where my life was working shows me a place where I made decisions based on what my heart told me was right (no matter how difficult) and not what I felt I "should" do or what I thought would work "if I just tried hard enough" or, worse yet, what others/society told me was "right".

So, I'm making a promise to myself (and my beautiful daughter who truly IS a moment by moment reminder of living what you love) that I will live my life by my heart.

It truly knows best.

No comments:

Post a Comment